Wednesday, October 23, 2013

#SQLSaturday255 - I'm presenting In Dallas on November 2nd!

Howdy, all.  I'm proud to announce that I'll be presenting on Event Notifications (aka "Master of All I Survey") at SQL Saturday 255 in Arlington (Texas) on November 2nd.  I personally will be presenting at 2:45, in Room 109, but there are almost 50 different sessions, including such luminaries as Joe Celko and Grant Fritchey, just to name a couple.  So I'm definitely ramping up my presentation in response!

http://www.sqlsaturday.com/255/eventhome.aspx


What we'll be covering:
  • What is Service Broker and why is it useful?
  • What are Event Notifications and what good are they?
  • How do we use Event Notifications to track code changes (DDL)?
  • How do we centralize that for many machines?
  • Reporting?
  • EN Tricks: emailing errors, watching for Bad Things, and checking into TFS automagically.

I think I've got a good mix of Presentation and Demos, and my goal is to send you home with code that you want to use immediately, and CAN use immediately!

See you there!

No comments: